City National Bank is happy to offer MyCardRules to our customers!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MyCardRules?
MyCardRules is an easy-to-use feature within the CNB Mobile Banking App that lets you set card controls, add restrictions and receive transaction alerts.
How does MyCardRules let me manage my cards?
Simply log into your CNB Mobile Banking App. From your Dashboard, you will scroll down to "Card Management" and select the card you wish to manage. Then you can set a wide range of controls and alerts on all your cards. For example, you can:
- Turn your card on or off
- Set transaction spending limits based on your preferences, including dollar amount, transaction type and merchant type
- Get instant alerts on certain types of transactions, like when a transaction is declined
- Set a specific region where the card can be used or restrict usage based on your mobile device’s location
- Set parental controls and monitoring
Alerts will show up just like any other notifications you get on your mobile device.
Why is it a better way to manage my cards?
Because you can manage your card transactions all in one place, right from your CNB Mobile Banking App.. You have complete control of how, when, where — and WHO uses your cards.
Plus, knowing that you’ve set rules, restrictions and alerts that meet your specific spending preferences adds another layer of fraud detection and prevention, and gives you added peace of mind.
Is it secure?
Yes, managing your cards with MyCardRules is safe and secure. Everything is done securely through your CNB Mobile Banking App.
How do I get started?
Log onto your CNB Mobile Banking App, scroll down to "Card Management" , then select the card you are wishing to edit.
From this screen you can:
- Turn card controls on/off
- Set controls
- Manage alert preferences
- View recent transactions and more