At City National Bank, we take every precaution to protect your data. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to safeguard your personal information to avoid access to your account. In order to help ensure the security of your information, we recommend that you read our Customer Awareness Guide.
Customer Awareness Guide
Internet threats have increased over the past several years and hacking techniques have become more sophisticated. In order to safeguard your information, we recommend that you implement risk control processes like:
- Making sure that you have a firewall in place when you are conducting financial transactions.
- Avoiding conducting financial transactions over public or unsecured internet connections. Secure websites should begin with “https”.
- Always log out the system when you are finished conducting business. (Don’t just close the page or use the “X” to exit the system.)
- Safeguarding your user names and passwords. Do not write them down and store them around your computer.
- Using strong and complex passwords. They should contain:
- Upper and lower case characters
- Alpha/numeric characters and symbols
- No references to family/friends/pets or things that someone could easily guess
- The longer the password the better. Microsoft recommends at least 14 characters.
- Changing your password periodically. (At least every 90 days is recommended)
- Never giving out your user ID’s or passwords to anyone.
- Enabling a PIN code or passcode for smart device access.
- Monitoring your account information on a regular basis. If you notice unauthorized transactions on your account, notify us immediately.
In addition, we also recommend that you:
- Never open emails from an unknown source.
- Never click a link from a suspicious email or unknown source.
- Keep up to date on virus protection software and operating system updates.
- Educate yourself about current internet and phishing scams.
- Shred any documents containing any personal information.
- Only download applications from trusted sources.
- Cancel your online banking access immediately if your smart device is lost or stolen
- Disabling Bluetooth when not in use.
- Never give out any personal information to anyone!
Following these tips will help in the fight against identity theft and create a safer environment for conducting online financial transactions. Always remember: City National Bank will NEVER attempt to contact you for any personal information about your account.